What Does Your Entry Fee Get You?
- Fantastic scenery – Roundstone to Clifden takes in some of the most amazing scenic views in Ireland
- Race on a Saturday morning (11am start) – and still have the whole weekend to enjoy yourself!
- No repetition or loops – no running in circles like other races, and enjoy the stunning beauty that Connemara has to offer
- Run along roads traveled by other Great People of Connemara
- Marconi – the ‘father of radio’ established the first transatlantic radio-telegraph service on 17 October 1907 from Clifden to Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Alcock and Brown – the two pilots of the first ever Transatlantic Flight which landed near Clifden
- Alexander Nimmo – the Scottish engineer and architect responsible for many of the piers, roads and other infratsructural developments in Connemara in the early 1800s.
- Sting – yes, the one & only music legend. He lived for a number of years in Roundstone.
- Athletics Association of Ireland Permit in place – thus ensuring race meets highest standards of organisation
- Course measured by Jones Counter- therefore if you run a PB you will know that you earned it!
- Pre-race warm-up session
- Festival atmosphere and DJ before and after the race
- Plenty of activities and entertainment for all non-running supporters to keep them occupied
- Bus from Clifden to Roundstone for the start of the race
- Water stations at Miles 4, 7, 10
- Pacemakers for 1hr30, 1hr45, and 2hrs
- Unique high quality finishers medal
- Technical tee shirt for all finishers
- Individual video of participants crossing the finish line
- Individual text results to all competitors
- Goody bags
- Post-race hydration drinks in conjunction with Kinetica Sports
- Post-race entertainment to ensure everyone has a fantastic time not just while running but also before and afterwards too!
View the Route
Move mouse over markers to see images along the Marconi Half Marathon route!